Who We Are: We Are You
100 Men Who Care, although not a nonprofit themselves, launched in 2019 to raise funds and awareness for local charities and nonprofits. To date, 100 Men Who Care has raised over $150,000 to help those in need.
Proceeds raised at each quarterly event are awarded to a charity voted on at that event. They promise to gift/donate $100 per participant to the winning group, whether present at the event or not!
How it Works
- Structure: 100 men donate $100 each to a cause: $10,000 raised.
- Frequency: Quarterly events, mid-week, 1 hour in length.
- Beneficiary: Local organizations, 501C-3.
- Presentations: Three groups present for 10 minutes each.
- Vote: Paper ballot taken; highest votes received is awarded money raised for the evening.
On May 18, 2023, 100 Men Who Care held a fundraiser for Brad Newman. For the past 46 years, Brad has been the Yavapai Exceptional Industries (YEI) director. In addition to helping people with disabilities and giving them opportunities to be productive members of the community, Brad is a talented performer, a real-life Prescott Troubadour.
In 2002, Brad suffered a severe stroke. He is fighting back and recovering in Phoenix. Prescott misses Brad. The community banned together to “Bring Back Brad.” 100 Men Who Care’s fundraiser gathered over $63,000 to help with Brad’s expenses so that he could rehabilitate in Prescott. Read the full Daily Courier story about Brad and his efforts to bring him back to Prescott.
BHGRE BloomTree Realty’s Charity/Community Participation
BHGRE BloomTree Realty has a couple simple goals; deliver the best service possible to our clients and be a supporter of important causes in the community in which we live. In short, we strive to be better and give back to our communities.
- $710 raised for the 2021 Courthouse Lighting through our sale of raffle tickets for the Prescott Chamber
- Joined Yavapai Broadcasting as a sponsor to the Radio-thon that raised $18,000 FOR PHOENIX CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – Click here for the radio commercial.
- Advertising Sponsor in the 2021 Verde Valley Visitors Guide
- 1/25 Advertising sponsor of the Cottonwood Chamber Directory
- 1/21 Sponsor of the Prescott Chamber State of the City Address with the Mayor
- 1/10 Advertising sponsor of the Historic Walking Tour map of Downtown Prescott
- 1/1 YMCA donation of $1500 to support youth development and the sponsor the Whiskey Row Marathon on 5/1