Fall weather is here! Bring on cozy blankets, apple cider, fuzzy socks, and . . . . soup! Here are a few of our favorite soup recipes that will make your mouth water this fall and winter season. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Bhg.com
- ½ cup each chopped carrot and celery
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cup dried medium egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon each seasoned salt, dry mustard, chili powder, and ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 1 recipe Quick Biscuits
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- In a large saucepan cook carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in hot butter about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, chicken, noodles, and seasonings. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together half-and-half and flour; add to pot. Add broccoli and peas. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon into bowls; top with Quick Biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and cream of tartar. Cut in butter to make coarse crumbs. Make a well in center; add milk. Using a fork, stir just until moistened. On a lightly floured surface gently knead dough until it holds together. Pat into an 8-inch square. Cut into 12 rectangles; place 1-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.