The first day of fall has arrived in Prescott, AZ, and with it comes changing leaves, cooler temperatures, and plenty of fall fun. Whether you’re a nature lover looking to explore the great outdoors or someone who enjoys cozy indoor activities, Prescott has something for everyone to enjoy this season.
One of the best ways to experience fall in Prescott is by exploring its beautiful outdoor spaces. Here are a few moderate to challenging hikes in the Prescott area:
- Thumb Butte: At an elevation of over 6,318 feet, Thumb Butte is one of the most popular trails in Prescott. The hike takes roughly 1-2 hours to complete. LEARN MORE.
- Granite Mountain Trail #261: This moderate to challenging 7+ mile hike will take you through some of Prescott’s most scenic terrain. The hike takes roughly 4-5 hours to complete. LEARN MORE.
- Iron King Trail: This 4-mile hike in Prescott Valley, AZ, is considered easy to moderate in difficulty. LEARN MORE.
- Peavine Trail: Located in Prescott Valley, AZ, the Peavine is a 6-mile hike with breathtaking views of Watson Lake and the Granite Dells. LEARN MORE.
Upcoming Area Fall Events
Looking for something to do this fall in Prescott? Here are some upcoming events that you won’t want to miss:
- FallFest in the Park Arts & Craft Show | October 7-8
“Enjoy FallFest in the Park Arts & Craft Show with the whole family under the fall leaf canopy at Prescott’s Historic Yavapai County Courthouse Plaza with over 100 unique vendor booths to enjoy.” LEARN MORE.
- Prescott Vintage Fall Market | October 7-8
“Prescott Vintage Market is a one of a kind vintage and vintage influenced outdoor market in the heart of Prescott, Arizona. This is not your typical antique show, but rather an upscale market featuring vintage collectors, original art, local handmade artisans, jewelry and much more!” LEARN MORE.
- Prescott Valley Harvest Festival 2023 | October 7
“Come celebrate the welcome of the Fall season with us at Prescott Valley’s newest special event, The Harvest Festival. Make your way over to the Prescott Valley Civic Center in your best costume to partake in all of the activities being offered. There will be a costume contest, carnival rides, face painting, inflatables, a haunted house, food vendors, plenty of candy, and more! This is a FREE event for all ages! We hope to see you there!” LEARN MORE.
- Fall ZOOFest | October 28-29
“Come Celebrate Fall at Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary’s ZOOFest! Bounce House * Maze * Concessions * Animal feedings * NEW-BooZone.” LEARN MORE.
- Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze | Sept. 29 – Oct. 29
“Join us this fall for Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze – the grandest, most exciting, and incredibly fun event of the entire year. The Mortimer Farms Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze is a celebration for all ages, offering a delightful array of activities that promise unforgettable memories.” LEARN MORE.
- Calvary Chapel of Prescott Community Fest | October 31
“Join us for our 13th Annual Community Fest at the Washington Elementary School on October 31. It is a family-friendly, FREE event, so bring the whole family!” LEARN MORE.
We hope you enjoy all the fall fun that Prescott, AZ offers. Remember to take advantage of the beautiful outdoor spaces and attend some exciting events this season. Happy Fall!