It’s hard to believe, but Halloween is just a week away! It’s that time of year again when goblins, ghouls, witches, and warlocks take to the streets searching for tricks or treats. Whether you’re a child who can’t wait to go trick-or-treating or an adult who loves carving pumpkins and dressing up, there’s no doubt that this holiday is a lot of fun. If you plan to hit the streets and take your little ones trick-or-treating or plan to hand out candy at your door, it’s essential to keep safety in mind this Halloween. Here are four tips to help make sure your holiday is a safe one.
- Plan your route. If you’re trick-or-treating with children, plan your route in advance. Choose a neighborhood that you’re familiar with and stick to well-lit streets. Avoid shortcuts through dark alleys or wooded areas.
- Stay together. It’s important to stick together when you’re out trick-or-treating. Don’t let your children wander off on their own. If they want to go ahead, ensure you know where they are at all times. It’s also a good idea to have a designated meeting spot in case anyone gets lost.
- Wear reflective clothing. If you’re going to be out after dark, it’s important to wear reflective clothing or carry a flashlight. This will help drivers see you and avoid any accidents.
- Inspect candy. This one is critical if you have young children. Before letting them eat any of their candy, go through it and check for anything that looks tampered with. Throw away any candy that’s unwrapped or looks suspicious.
Following these tips will help ensure that your Halloween is a safe one.
Things to Do this Fall in Prescott
Now that we have covered safety, if your Halloween plans are still to-be-determined, here are a few fall events in the area:
- Mortimer Farms Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze (September 30th – October 31st): “Join us this fall for the Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze. The biggest, the most exciting, and the most fun of the entire year – the Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze. Mortimer Farms Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze has something for everyone! So get lost in our giant corn maze, find the perfect pumpkin in the pumpkin patch, enjoy farm-inspired rides, games, activities, and farm-to-table food.” LEARN MORE.
- 12th Annual Community Fest (October 31st at 5:30 pm): Bring your family and friends to the 12th Annual Community Fest event on October 31st at Washington School. Food, games, candy, jump castles, and more! LEARN MORE.
- Halloween Trunk or Treat (October 29th at 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm): “Join Foxworth-Galbraith Home Improvement Center for their Halloween Trunk or Treat event! Enjoy safe trick-or-treating and check out the fun activities for the whole family.” LEARN MORE.
- Costumes for Kids 5K Fun Run (October 29th at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm): “Halloween comes early in Prescott this year with Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation’s 8th annual Costumes for Kids 5K Fun Run. Grab your costumes and join us Saturday, October 28th at the Courthouse Square for a 5k that makes its way through beautiful historic downtown Prescott.” LEARN MORE.
As you can see, there are plenty of fun things to do this fall in Prescott. So get out there and enjoy the season! And remember to follow our safety tips to make sure your Halloween is a safe one. Thanks for reading!